This week's episode of The Gentleman's Pantry begins with a cheeky chat about Star Wars bounty hunter characters before moving on to more serious topics. The Nintendo Switch is being highly under-manufactured, and the majority of retailers will not be receiving stock outside of their preorder allocation, and we have proof.
Also, what's up with George R.R. Martin taking forever to write the Game of Thrones novel? It's stressing Scott out.
And finally, Japan Studio's Gravity Rush 2 hit store shelves over the weekend. It's a wonderful sequel and highly relaxing game. And while it may share some aspects with The Last Guardian, which was released just over a month ago, we examine which of the two is a better game.
This week's topics:
• Bounty hunters in Star Wars (0:00)
• Why Dallin isn't using his pen name, JD, on the podcast anymore (3:35)
• An investigation into the status of Nintendo Switch preorders and stock, and pros and cons of the console (8:20)
• Why is the final Game of Thrones novel taking so long to complete? (27:30)
• A look at Gravity Rush 2 and how it stacks up against The Last Guardian (41:30)
• Preview for next week (55:40)
Thank you for listening to The Gentleman's Pantry. New episodes will be released every Sunday night/Monday morning. Make sure you subscribe so you never miss an episode and check out Power Up Gaming for video game news, features, and reviews.
We're also on iTunes. Click here if you prefer to get your podcast content from there, you Apple lover.
The Gentleman's Pantry is recorded by JD Schmidt and Scott Russell in Alberta, Canada, and County Down, Northern Ireland. Edited by JD Schmidt. Theme music created by JD Schmidt.